This was a 7 year project (2013-2020) in which Wash Alliance Kenya’s mandate was to lobby and advocate for prioritization of water, sanitation and hygiene(WASH) services to policy makers through policies, programmes and budget allocations . The policy makers in turn are held accountable for their achievements and commitments made in WASH.
- Influence the formulation and implementation of the Kenya Environmental and Hygiene policy and strategy, Kenya Open Defecation Free 2020 roadmap, Prototype County Environmental Health and Sanitation Bill, Water Bill 2014
- Formulation of the Kenya menstrual hygiene policy and strategy
- Supported the Inter Agency Collaborative Council (ICC), a forum chaired by the Ministry of Health that meets on a quarterly basis to share experiences and lessons learnt in WASH implementation
- Co-chairing of the hygiene promotion technical working group which meet quarterly and brings together WASH partners working on hygiene promotion in the country to lobby and advocate for hygiene promotion while sharing experiences and best practices.
- Forming vibrant County ICCs in Nakuru, Nyeri and Kwale Counties that meets on a bi-annual basis while also forming a Kajiado WASH forum for Kajiado County that meets on a quarterly basis. All these forums are chaired by the health departments in the Counties and seek to engage the various partners in these counties to achieve the WASH goals in a well-coordinated and structured manner.
- In partnership with ,the Ministry of health organise for two national sanitation conferences in 2014 and 2017 where the participants included decision makers and sector professionals from all of 47 Counties and at national level officials from Ministry of Health, Water, Education , Partner organizations, UN agencies and other bilateral agencies, academic institutions and Council of Governors. We also coordinated partners in the sanitation sector to attend the first annual Kenya Water Week conference in 2016.
- Ministry of Health at National and County level
- Wash Alliance Kenya partners
- Community, administration and special groups